Asian Dramas, Films, & Anime
There is something completely beautiful about the approach Asian Dramas take to life. Maybe it's still a little remnant of the Confucian in them, or maybe it's because western culture hasn't completely over-taken their traditional viewpoint. I can't really explain it, but I have fallen in love.
For those of you new to the Asian Entertainment scene, my darlings I am so sorry you have stumbled upon this dangerous place. You are now lost forever. Tell your loved ones it was nice knowing them, but unless they join you on this venture it's time to say goodbye for a few years. These shows will ensnare your mind, subsume your life, and pretty much addict you forever.
Technically, we call it the Drama Disease. There is no cure. Side effects include:
- Development of a Bias (your favorite character)
- A new favorite "romance" spot in a country you've never seen
- Heavy bags under your eyes
- A hatred for holidays that disrupt programming
- Dreams of being carried piggy-back
- New ideals of "true love"
- An obsession with Asian food, clothing, hairstyles, bags, jewelry. . . well, pretty much everything.
Welcome to your new life. Just be reassured that you are not alone in this adventure. . . . thousands of others are also suffering from this illness all around the world.
There are all kinds of Asian Dramas ~ Mystery, Supernatural, Horror, Romance, Rom-Com, Comedy, Crime, Detective, Drama, In Sickness & In Health, Action, etc. You name it ~ they have it. And darned if they don't do it well (usually).
Basically, it is the Asian version of Hollywood, but so much better.